- Published on Friday, 22 March 2013 03:30
NORWALK, Ohio – Local grizzlies need to yawn, stretch, and lumber out of their winter caves a little early this spring.
The 2013 Golden Anniversary season schedule at Summit Motorsports Park is loaded for, well, fun!
So pack the pickled pike in the camper; load up the grill for kabobs; and give that honey of a racing machine the extra pizzazz you scratched your chin about last fall.
We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
We know you rested, assured we’ll do our part to liven up the first 22 days of our gas-mashing, tree-blasting, all-year-long party just for you.
Papa bears, are you fishing for a golden opportunity to make the little mama happy? Clean out the garage, the basement, the attic and the shed out back; load up the extra stuff; and turn it into cash.
• On April 20, 2013 the Spring Warmup breaks out the season rumble with a swap meet and a test and tune. Reserve a swap meet spot by April 2 for $25; after April 2 the cost nudges up to $35, which includes two adult admissions. For more information,
click on: Let’s see what you’ve got.
Little mamas, did you know you may sell your garage sale items at the spring Warmup, too? So if your grizzly cleaned out his stuff at other swap meets, this may be your year. Quick! Reserve a space.
• On April 26, 2013 the VP Racing Test & Tune opens the gates wide
at 5 p.m. Friday. Click on: Dial in and kick back.
So, how many girlfriends do the little mama and baby bears have, anyway?
Remembering the old days at the dragstrip, we brought back the Funny Car Fox Hunt just for them! All girls get in free; boys, $5; men, $15. Suggest the
event to single parents.
• On April 27, 2013 the Funny Car Fox Hunt features Jet Dragster phenom Jill Canuso as she races the 300 mph Hanna Motorsports Queen of Diamonds for the last time.
Al Hanna, owner of Hanna Motorsports, said work on the Queen of Diamonds II, a state-of-the-art Jet Dragster in a radically new design, required more time than expected. Good things take time.
The Queen of Diamonds II now debuts at the Mickey Mart Rewards Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser May 17-19, 2013 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Click on: New style, new era, ask Jill.
• Also, the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit introduces four fire-spitting nostalgia Funny Cars. Click on: Girls get in free.
• Need more excitement? The best local racers in the land launch the 2013 Finish Line Club and the Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series, the local points race at Summit Motorsports Park. Click on: Time for grooving and proving!
• We hear talent -- new and old -- lines up this year for Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by Wiseco, which goes on green at the Funny Car Fox Hunt, too. Bring your friends, moms, aunties, cousins, grandmas, teachers, the whole den. Girl spectators get in free. Click on Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by Wiseco.
• Fireworks! You know what those are for…Sit back in your grandstand seat, pull your loved ones close, and enjoy the view!
After the great group last year, we’re looking forward to Mickey Thompson $7 Fun Nights every Wednesday beginning May 1, 2013 and continuing through September 25, 2013. Click on: Back the smack with proof.
The only quiet Wednesday for the season is July 3, because we’re gearing up for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals part of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series July 4-7, 2013 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Click on: Nitrous, speed, stars, and fireworks.
By the first weekend in May, you’ve got this!
• May 3, 2013, VP Racing Test & Tune.
• May 4 and May 11, 2013, Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series and Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by Wiseco.
• May 5, 2013, High School Nationals, Admission for adults, $20 to race or watch; children ages six-12, $5; children under age six, free. Gates open at 8 a.m; time trials at 8:30 a.m.; pre-race ceremony, 1:30 p.m.; Eliminations, 2 p.m.; show all day. For information call the Summit Motorsports Park office at 419-668-5555.
Teens, can we talk?
The season opens April 20 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. During the two weeks before the High School Nationals, three test and tunes and a Wednesday $7 Fun Night provide opportunities to practice for the High School Nationals.
Also, the Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series offers two racing classes for beginners: Lakewood Stock and Accel Sportsman delivered on time by TFC Transportation. These classes allow you to race your street legal vehicles and have a marvelous time.
So share this story with your Facebook.com friends, talk it over, and gather a fun-loving group.
Remember the Funny Car Fox Hunt admits girl spectators for free.
At Summit Motorsports Park we’re celebrating fifty years of fun all season!