- Tuesday 10 July, 2012
What beauties will captivate this car show?
NORWALK, Ohio -- Last week was crazy, wasn’t it?
Crazy weather and dew point drama canceled our highly anticipatedfinale Wednesday $7 Fun Night atSummit Motorsports Park inNorwalk, Ohio.
But wait! We rescheduled the finale for crazy fun this Wednesday.
Can’t wait to see who will show up! It’s $7 to race or watch. Super Stock fee is $20. Gates open at 5 p.m. Time trials begin at 5:30 p.m. and eliminations launch at 8:30 p.m.
Cobra Jet preparing for flight.
Also last weekend the ADRLescorted in racing teams from across the nation for the quickest, toughest, craziest heads up racing anywhere!
We saw you Wednesday $7 Fun Night racers at the ADRL. Yeah!
The good news is, because Wednesday is a bracket race, you don’t have to pilot the fastest wheels on the planet -- like Eric McKinney, Dave Roemer, Larry Jeffers, Robert Rahaim, Alex Hossler, and Billy Glidden -- to collect win lights and have fun!
You don’t even need a friendly pet parrot who cheers.
Steve Supeck brings friends for extra fun!
Those guys think 3.7-second elapsed times on the eighth mile is normal.
What do your E.T. slips say?
We think 30-second Suburbans, quads and pit bikes are normal. At least they’re a great place to start!
This week also opens up a Friday Test N’ Tune! The Cost is $12 to race or watch. Gates open at 5 p.m. Test from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
If you happen to be paired with something Pro Nitrous, don’t worry. Just run your own game. It’s a test and tune.
Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by American Race Cars Big Bond Shootout.
A $1,500 U. S. Savings Bond beacons October 6, 2012 the points leaders in each of three classes in the Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by American Race Cars.
The top eight points earners in each class -- Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced-- race to a class winner.
Class winners run off for the grand prize, the $1,500 U.S. Savings Bond. The runner-up receives a $1,000 bond; the semi-finalist, a $750 bond.
Each class runner up receives a $250 bond.
The Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by American Race Cars Big Bond Shootout contends during the Detroit Iron All Ford Nationals at Summit Motorsports Park.
So we’ll have twice the fun!
Gates open at 9 a.m. Junior Dragster time trials are at 11 a.m. and noon; eliminations, 1 p.m.
Detroit Iron All Ford Nationals kicks off Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012
Did you hear the chorus of Ford Cobra Jets last weekend in the Supercar Showdown at the Summit Racing Equipment ADRL Ohio Drags VI presented by Mickey Thompson?
Can they sing!
Not bad on the eighth mile, either.
This weekend we intend to find out what the rest of the Ford family packs under the hood and how they mash it on the track.
Race classes include:
* Fast Ford, Super Pro rules, 7:00 to 11:99. Fee is $25 for car and driver. Winner receives $1,000 and an engraved gold medal; Runner-up receives $500 and an engraved silver medal; Semi-finalist, $150; Quarter-finalist, $40.
* Quick Ford, Pro rules, 8:00 to 13:99. Fee is $25 for car and driver. Winner receives $1,000 and an engraved gold medal; Runner-up receives $500 and an engraved silver medal; Semi-finalist, $150; Quarter-finalist, $40.
* Street Ford, No open headers, no slicks, no electronics, any dial. Fee is $15 for car and driver. Winner receives an engraved gold medal; Runner-up, engraved silver medal; Semi-finalist, engraved bronze medal.
Best Appearing awards include:
* Best Appearing of Show.
* Best Engineered of Show.
* Best Appearing Fast Ford.
* Best Appearing Quick Ford.
* Best Appearing Street Ford.
Gates open at 9 a.m. Time Trials begin at 10 a.m. Eliminations, 3 p.m.
On Saturday, Adult Admission costs $15; admission for children ages 6-12 is $5; Children ages five and younger are admitted for free.
Free camping Friday and Saturday.
For information call Summit Motorsports Park at 419-668-5555.
Basic Wednesday $7 Fun Night information:
This Wednesday is $7 Fun Night at Summit Motorsports Park at 1300 State Route 18 in Norwalk, Ohio.
The cost is $7 to race or watch. Children ages 6-12 are admitted for $3. Those racing in the Super Stock class pay a $20 racing fee.
Nightly prizes and awards include trophies to class winners, runners-up and semi-finalists except Super Stock.
The Super Stock winner receives $100, runner-up receives $50 and semi-finalists, $20.
Classes and basic rules include:
• High School – Ages 16, 17, and 18 with no electronics.
• Truck and Van – Trucks and vans only with no electronics.
• Motorcycle – Any two-wheel vehicle, sleds welcome, air shifters permitted.
• Stock – No electronics, no slicks, no open headers.
• Modified Stock – Three or more wheels, no electronics.
• Super Stock – Trans brake, two-step and line lock permitted, slicks and open headers OK.
Gates open at 5 p.m., time trials begin at 5:30 p.m and eliminations launch at 8:30 p.m.
Don’t just talk about your muscle ride. Bring it to the track! Collect E.T. slips and win lights. This is a great place to race the friends you’ve made this season, a great place to go fast.