- Published on Wednesday, 01 February 2017 16:17
Summit Motorsports Park is looking for an experienced and highly motivated mechanic.
The primary responsibilities of the Mechanic is to complete the upkeep and maintenance of all track and grounds equipment, maintain shop equipment, maintain shop inventories and communicate equipment needs and problems with management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain and repair heavy equipment, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical machinery and systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain and repair fleet of pickup trucks and small engine equipment.
- Inspect and maintain a fleet of critical on track and standby emergency equipment/vehicles.
- Create a preventative maintenance program for all equipment.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with other departments and management.
- Maintains inventory of tools and equipment.
- Order and maintains adequate inventory of oil, grease, shop supplies, cleaning equipment and material.
- Create estimates for repairs and order needed parts.
- Manage and maintain work environment safety, perform inspections, and ensure adherence to preventative maintenance requirements.
- Perform incidental welding and fabrication as needed.
- Maintain the shop, tools and supplies in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Shop building environment
- Outdoors as needed
- Use of cleaning solutions and chemicals
- Exposure to dust, noise, and temperature changes
- Exposure to truck and equipment materials and liquids
- Ability to reach and to lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required.
- Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) plus hour work shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs and on trucks.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Regularly work overtime and weekends throughout the racing season.
- Ability to learn new tasks and procedures.
Resumes can be mailed to Matt Welsh, Summit Motorsports Park, 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk, Ohio 44857