- Monday 11 February, 2013
Summit Motorsports Park is seeking an Event Planner for the corporate headquarters in Norwalk, Ohio. Candidate will work support and ensure the successful planning and flawless execution of various meetings and events. Candidate must display extraordinary follow-through, organization and multi task skills as well as plan and manage time effectively. Manage and assist with budget development, preparing, maintaining and reporting budget expenditures and following established record keeping procedures. Develop and maintain solid relationships with vendors and partners, working with a wide variety of personality types. Candidate works independently while being accountable for all decisions and projects. Need to be outgoing and confident in the decisions made on a daily basis.
Job Title: Event Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commiserate with candidate, Benefits: Health Insurance
Hours: April thru October (Up to 100 hours per week), November thru March (40-45 hours per week)
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work long hours, which includes evenings and weekends.
- Be able to provide outstanding customer service and remain professional at all times.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and ability to multi task.
- Must be able to think and respond quickly to offer solutions to problems/issues in an efficient manner.
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Must also be able to quickly learn and manage a registration software application.
- Plan, organize and coordinate all aspects of assigned meetings and events, including pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event reporting.
- Attend planning meetings with individuals responsible for event to have an understanding of its purpose and requirement.
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts for hotels, transportation, caterers, a/v companies, etc.
- Create and manage event timelines and budgets.
- Handling all aspects of an event for flawless execution.
***Only candidates that meet all of the below requirements need apply***
- Minimum of 4 years of recent event planning experience, preferably as a corporate event/professional sports planner or as a hotel event/catering manager.
- Prefer a Bachelors Degree in Tourism Management, Communications or Business.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable with accelerated deadlines and last-minute assignments.
- Effective team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent project implementation.
- Possess strong creative instincts and sound business judgment.
Top 3 Candidate selection factors:
- Depth and experience in Event Planning will be a factor in candidate selection. Experience needs to be in Corporate Event /Professional Sports or Catering/Hotel Planning.
- Candidate needs to display and show success with multitasking and HIGH level of attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills need to display and ability to have a HIGH level of Customer Service
Important information: To be considered for this position, you must mail a resume complete with references to:
Summit Motorsports Park
1300 State Route 18
Norwalk, Ohio 44857
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted