- Published on Monday, 18 February 2013 20:57
Summit Motorsports Park is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Concession Manager to oversee food service operations in Norwalk, Ohio. Award-winning Summit Motorsports Park is situated equidistant between Cleveland and Toledo. In addition to 30,000 seats, the stadium has eight corporate suites, a 75-seat media center, and a chalet village located on the west side of the Park. The 2013 season marks Summit Motorsports Park’s 50th year of operation. We’re celebrating all year!
Job Title: Concession Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commiserate with candidate,
Benefits: Health Insurance
Hours: April thru October (Up to 100 hours per week), November thru March (40-45 hours per week)
• Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work long hours, which includes evenings and weekends.
• Be able to provide outstanding customer service and remain professional at all times.
• Must be extremely detail oriented with ability to multi task.
• Must be able to think and respond quickly to offer solutions to problems or issues in an efficient manner.
• Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Must also be able to quickly learn and manage a registration software application.
• Effective management and running of venue concession operations including event planning support, scheduling, food preparation and production, inventory, cash control, compliance with alcohol service polices, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision.
• High level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event.
• Managing, developing and mentoring a staff of 50-60 part time concessions employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and discipline. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
• Actively mentor, train and help employees meet company quality standards, and to promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
***Only candidates that meet all of the below requirements need apply***
• Bachelor of Arts/Science in Food Service Management, Hospitality Management, or related major or a minimum of 4 years of management experience in food service.
• A proven track record of developing effective management teams by providing clear direction, demonstrating leadership and evaluating performance in order to make recommendations for improvement.
• Strong proficiency in computer applications including MS Office, point-of-sale systems, time and attendance systems.
• Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, client representatives and guests in a positive and professional manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
• Must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule, which includes evenings and weekends.
• Specialized training or certification in food service sanitation is a plus.
• Interpersonal skills need to display the ability to have a HIGH level of Customer Service.
Important information: To be considered for this position, you must mail a resume complete with references to:
Summit Motorsports Park
1300 State Route 18
Norwalk, Ohio 44857
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted