The Chrysler Corporation was mainly known as the company that made family cars and taxi cabs. These stoic boring 4-door beauties were pretty much all pushed down the highway by a bullet proof 318 ci engine that almost always outlasted the bodies. Then along came the HEMI! Chrysler became identified primarily by trademarking the "Hemi" name and then using it extensively in their advertising campaigns beginning in the 1960s. Chrysler has produced three generations of such engines: the first (the Chrysler Fire Power engine) in the 1950s, the second (the 426 Hemi), developed for NASCAR in 1964 and produced through the early 1970s, and finally the "new HEMI" in the early 2000s. The 426 hemispherical engine is a popular power plant for drag racing, funny cars and muscle cars. It is regarded as the best muscle car engine, so using the best engine design for horsepower makes sense. It is one of the most important innovations in automotive history. Car and Driver wrote that it is unquestionable the king of the muscle cars, both for its speed and for its defiance. The 426 Hemi is considered one of the finest engines ever produced.
The question than is, where do you see these huge power plants today? The answer would be to go to Summit Motorsports Park for the Monster Mopar Weekend, July 27-29, 2018 . This will be the largest Mopar Drag Race in the Midwest.
It's a show within a show!
GEN 3 Drag Racers and GEN 3 Car Show participants...Just $1 and race two days with 2 separate purses!
* CJ Performance HellCat Shootout -
* MSHS GEN 3 Hemi Performance Showdown
More Details about HEMIFEST and stay up on current information...CLICK HERE!
* Big Dog
* Super Pro
* Nostalgia Super Stock
* HEMI Super Stock Shootout
* Bloomer Performance Engineering Sportsman
* King of the Street
* Trophy Class
* CRT 10.00 Shootout
* Gentry Auto 11.50 Index
PARTY IN THE PITS SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIVE MUSIC & REAR WHEEL DYNO CHALLENGE! (6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
|3-Day Child 14 & Under||$0|
|Racer Car & Driver (Big Dog, Super Pro, Pro, NSS, Hemi SS, Sportsman, King of Street, DragPak Challenge)||$150|
|Racer Car & Driver (Hellcat Shootout & Gen 3 Showdown)||$1|
|Trophy Class Car & Driver||$50|
|Friday Gambler's Box & No Box Race (Sold in Guest Services)*||$40|
|CRT Ten-O (Sold in Guest Services)*||$40|
|Gentry Auto 11.50 Indesx (Sold in Guest Services)*||$20|
|Vehicle Pass for crew members parking inside the park||$50|
|Show 'n Shine (No Judge Car Show)*||$40|
|Judged Car Show||$50|
|Car Corral - Space is FREE with paid 3 Day Admission||$50|
|Swap Meet (20'x 30') - Space is FREE with paid 3 Day Admission||$50|
|Vendors - Space is FREE with paid 3 Day Admission||$50|
Monster Mopar Drag Racing Participants can Pre-Register Here!
Monster Mopar Car Show Participants can Pre-Register Here!
Monster Mopar Midway Vendors can Pre-Register Here!
Monster Mopar Swap Meet Vendors can Pre-Register Here!
Monster Mopar Spectators can Pre-Register Here!
HEMIFEST Participants can Pre-Register Here!
* Monster Mopar Show Show 'n Shine participants, if you pre-enter, you will receive one additional free Weekend Specatator Ticket!
Midway Vendors please contact Monster Mopar @ (317) 681-4546 or email@example.com
Upon purchase, Guests will receive a permit that will need to be placed in the windshield of your motorhome, camper or camping vehicle prior to entering into the park.
* All occupants of the motorhome area and primitive campsites must have a weekend pass. Please call our office with any of your questions.
SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK CAMPING RULES AND INFORMATION
GENERAL FAMILY CAMPING AND MOTORHOME RULES
1. NHRA National Event Only: Golf carts, ATV’s, etc. are prohibited inside the park.
2. The speed limit in the pits is 10 miles-per-hour. All motor vehicle operators must have a valid state driver’s license.
3. The owner of the Camping/Motorhome site will be responsible for all members of his/her party.
4. After 1:00am, any noise complaints from neighbors in all camping/motorhome areas are grounds for immediate removal. Exception: Family Camping quiet hours are between 11pm and 7am
5. To gain access to a Camping/Motorhome space; you must have a Camping/Motorhome placard, a camping ticket and and a daily admission tickets for each camper. Only full event ticket holders will be permitted on the Trackside Motorhome, Wilson’s Fence Row or Family Camping sites after racing is completed.
6. Campfires are permitted in fire rings only; no open burning is permitted. Guest must provide their own fire ring.
7. You are expected to leave your site as clean as you found it.
8. All roadways and walkways must be kept clear.
9. Arrival and departure times must be observed. Please refer to the website for specific move-in hours for a particular event.
10. Alcohol may be consumed responsibly on your site, but is not permitted to be brought into the grandstands or race areas.
11. Illegal activities or activities that violate local laws and Camping/Motorhome rules or Health Department rules are not permitted. Lewd behavior, offensive signs, public intoxication and/or profanity will not be tolerated. Violators will be arrested and removed from the facility as well as forfeiting all renewal rights. NO REFUNDS!
12. Pets must be kept on a leash and must not present as a nuisance to other guests. Pet registration forms should be completed and given to the area Camping Manager. Please clean up after your pet.
13. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
14. No fireworks of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
15. State and county health department rules must be obeyed. Dumping waste water onto the park grounds is not permitted.
16. The Summit Motorsports Park Campground/Motorhome Manager may exercise his/her discretion in the enforcement and application of these rules.
17. All RV’s, travel trailers, tents and pop-ups must allow no less than 10 feet between units end to end and 15 feet between units side to side, per the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PRIMATIVE FAMILY CAMPING RULES:
18. We permit the following vehicle types in our primitive Family camping areas: truck campers (loaded into the bed of a pick-up truck), pop-up trailers also known as tent or folding camping trailers, and tents. No hard-sided campers are permitted. Hybrid campers with canvas pull outs will be permitted only on sites 2051-2060 as long as they confrom to Ohio Health Dept of Campgrounds distance requirements (17.) and they fit on the site.
19. Up to 3 tents are permitted per site as long as they comply with distance requirements by the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds (see above 17.)
20. One passenger vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted per campsite; extra vehicles must park in spectator parking.
21. The Family Campground includes families with children and everyone is required to behave accordingly.
22. Quiet hours will be strictly enforced between 11pm and 7am, VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECTED TO REMOVAL.
23. NO GENERATORS are permitted in the Family Camping area.
ADDITIONAL RV/MOTORHOME RULES:
24. TRACKSIDE Electric and Non-electric motorhome: Recreational vehicles are permitted including Class A, B, & C, travel trailers, fifth wheels, sport utility or toy haulers with built-in living quarters only, and truck campers. The following are not permitted: canvas slide-outs or pop-up areas on travel trailer, truck camper or motorhome. No pop-up folding camping trailers or tents are permitted, and no sport utility trailers or toy haulers without commerically built in living quarters are permitted in Trackside.
25. Wilson's Fence Row-All types of RV's & tents are permitted. Generators are permitted in this area.
26. Our trackside electric motorhomes sites come with 50-1amp power services. Please plan accordingly if you need an adaptor, as we only have a very limited supply of adapters for sale. Trackside Electric requires you to have the proper electrical cords and adaptors in the correct configuration. All 50 amp/60amp campers and motorhome units must have 50amp extension cords directly from the unit to the electrical box, no other configuration is permitted.
27. Up to one additional motor vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted to park in your Motorhome site. Golf carts, ATV, etc. count as one vehicle.
28. No additional trailers are permitted on the campsite; this includes trailers to haul a golf cart or other pit conveyances, grills, etc.
29. Motorhomes should be parked pulled in or backed in and centered on the designated motorhome number.
30. One framed, properly secured canopy is permitted on the motorhome site in addition to attached awnings.
Move-in for campers will be on FRIDAY, July 27, 2018 beginning at 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Click Here for a view of the Camping Agreement which includes the camping rules.
Dump Stations in the area.
On-Premise services for our guests:
Ice: Ice will be available to all motorhome and campground guests!
Showers: Permanent showers are located on the Budweiser side of the track. Shower tickets are $4.00 each
Permanent Shower Hours:
* Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1 hour after racing
* Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1 hour after racing
* Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 1 hour after racing
Oney Water Hauling: Provide service primarily to motorhomes and campes located on the Summit side of the track (Primitive Camping and Trackside sites). Water truck may also service racers on 601 (Budweiser) side of the track.
* Thursday after 2:00 p.m. until complete
* Friday after 10:00 a.m. until complete
* Saturday truck may make a pass if it's warranted
Port-a-johns: are located throughout the Summit Side (west side) of the park.
Kurtzman Sanitation: will be on site offering motorhome-pumping services; please pay Kurtzman Sanitation directly for their services. Cleanings Saturday 6:00 a.m.;Sunday 6:00 a.m.
Firewood: Will be available beginning Friday night. Pleasepay vendor directly for services.
Dornan Sales & Service and Trackside Tire:
Reservations (419) 912-4028. Trackside (419) 663-2254
* Friday: Parts Store 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Tire Store 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Saturday: Parts Store 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Tire Store 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Sunday: Parts Store 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; Tire Store 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Golf Cart Pricing
* 2 Passenger - Please call for pricing
* 4 Passenger - Please call for pricing
Fuel Pumps: (Fuel pump closing time will be announced over the PA)
* Friday 8:30 a.m.
* Saturday 8:30 a.m.
* Sunday 8:30 a.m.
Guest Services (located on the north end of the Quarter Mile Clothing Store - Budweiser/601 Side)
* Friday 8:00 a.m. til racing is complete
* Saturday 8:00 a.m. til racing is complete
* Sunday 8:00 a.m. til racing is complete
* Ice Cream Hours: Friday, Saturday & Sunday opens at 11:00 a.m.
* Throttle Town Grill Hours: Thursday - 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday, Saturday & Sunday open 7:00 a.m. til done
Quarter Mile Clothing Company:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday open at 9:00 a.m.
Not staying on property...here are some other options.
SAWMILL CREEK IS THE OFFICIAL LODGING HOTEL OF SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK
Sawmill Creek Lodge has earned that position by receiving excellent comments from teams and guests like you! It's simple...serious competitors have wanted a quality, feel good, casual place to really relax after a hard sports day. Enjoy our 235 acre Lake Erie waterfront campus, four restaurants and bars...and a great night sleep. It's a place you will look forward to returning to. That's hard to find on the race circuit.
Visit www.SawmillCreek.com and you will understand quickly, it's simply the best place to stay. Beautiful lakefront, beaches, restaurants, shops, golf, nature walks, jet skis, and so much more!
For the JR1 Racing Oil Monster Mopar Weekend presented by Thitek book a double bed room for $169 or a king bed room for $179.
To take advantage of these great rates, contact Sawmill Creek at (800) 729-6455 and provide the code (MMW18)
|Linder's Lot Move-In||08:00 AM|
|Midway Move-In, Swap Meet and Sponsors||12:00 PM - 06:00 PM|
|Racer Move-In||12:00 PM - 06:00 PM|
|Linder's Lot open to stack campers overnight||06:00 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Camping & Motorhome Move-In||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Car Show Registration||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Time Trials & Qualifying (2 Rounds of TT and/or qualifying) Run Order: Pro, NSS, BigDog, King of the Street, Hemi, Super Pro, GEN 3 Classes, Sportsman, Trophy, Ten-O and 11.5 Index||09:00 AM|
|No Box Gamblers Race||02:00 PM|
|Box Gamblers Race||02:45 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Car Show Registration||08:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Time Trial and/or qualifying (1) Run Order: Pro, NSS, BigDog, King of the Street, Hemi, Super Pro, GEN 3 Classes, Sportsman, Trophy, Ten-O and 11.50||09:00 AM|
|Car Show Trophy Presentation||05:30 PM|
|Live Music/After Hours Party at the track||06:30 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Time Trials (1) Run Order: Pro, NSS, BigDog, King of the Street, Hemi, Super Pro, GEN 3 Classes, Sportsman and Trophy||09:00 AM|
|Pre-Race Ceremonies||12:30 PM|
Schedule subject to change without notice!