Over 3,000 ‘72 & older candy color ‘Hot Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars & Trick Trucks’ will congregate onto the grounds of Summit Motorsports Park for a long weekend of fellowship, nostalgia racing and entertainment.
All registered hot rodders can make unlimited ‘fun runs’ down the famous quarter-mile dragstrip throughout the weekend, including Sunday afternoon between eliminations! (Note times on the schedule.) Each will also receive a dash plaque and a voucher to pick up a goodie bag in the Quarter Mile Clothing Store, which includes a lottery ticket to win fabulous door prizes throughout the weekend. Make sure you turn in your ticket by early Sunday morning, as we will be giving away the “elite” prizes around 11:15am, on the starting line! Winners MUST BE PRESENT to win! List of door prizes will be posted once finalized.
The SMOKY BURNOUT CONTEST returns by popular demand! Racing on track Saturday late afternoon will conclude with the famous smoky burnout contest. Open to hot rodder participants only! Participants will be paired randomly. The crowd will judge and decide who performs the best burnout. Note it is NOT necessary to go til your tire blows, but it does help!
Hot Rodders can pre-register by downloading the form. Each entry includes car & driver and ONE additional adult guest; and any child 15 & under in your party!
Part of the charm of this event, is the nostalgia racing that takes place between fun runs. The Nostalgia Drag Racing League (NDRL) is bringing their championship series and the cars that made drag racing famous, from restored original funny cars and dragsters to mid 60’s style gassers. We also welcome back Gasser Magazine, which hosts the Nostalgia Gas and Competition Gas categories. Part of your admission includes access into the racer pit areas, which allows you to visit the owners to learn more about the history of these awesome machines.
This event will also feature four period correct historic alcohol funny cars.
Steve Timoszyk’s 77 Chevrolet Monza “Detroit Tiger”
Sue Christopherson’s 57 Chevy “Susie Q”
Bill Hallett’s "Red Barn” Barracuda.
Steve Crook’s 72 Vega “Feelin' Groovy”
Nostalgia Drag Racer, entry includes car & driver.
Choose the form below to download; then mail or fax!
More information about the Nostalgia Drag Racing League (NDRL) classes and rules click here.
We are following the Hot Rod Heritage Rules for the Hot Rod Eliminator Class. Click on the PDF below.
Click on the specific Gasser Magazine Gasser Classes rules below:
THIS EVENT IS ALL ABOUT SOCIALIZING and SHOPPING!
And we have the space, Cruisers Social Hall. It’s a place to hang out, to talk about the 'good ole days', to bench race or simply get out of the sun. Located at the opposite end of Vanessa’s Women's World.
Ladies we know many of you are not into the racing, but we know you love to shop! We have two mini malls on property. The Quarter Mile Clothing Store, located on the Budweiser side (east side) is a permanent indoor, facility, offering current racing apparel for men, women and children. And plenty of novelty items featuring mugs, shot glasses, back packs, flags, signs and more!
On the show car side, is Vanessa’s Women’s World, which is located on the south end of the Cruiser’s Social Hall. Local vendors will be set up selling jewelry and cosmetics to home décor and health care products and everything in between that women enjoy shopping for! You should be able to find something between these two malls you can’t go home without!
Men we know you love to shop and sell things too! THE PERFECT VENUE to Buy or SELL "USED" OR "NOS" (new old stock parts) is at the SWAP MEET or CAR CORRAL.
Start cleaning out your garages to make room for "new" stuff and get registered online! Click the "BUY TICKETS" icon above!
Additional Swap Meet rules
* Vendors primary sales should be “Used” or “NOS” (New Old Stock) parts only. Old literature and memorabilia are permitted.
* Cars For Sale can also be parked on a Swap Meet space.
* No Food or Beverage to be sold in the Swap Meet area.
* No parts sales permitted from the motorhome spaces.
* The following items are prohibited as your primary product for sale in the Swap Meet area: Tools, car care products, lubricants, specialty car products, t-shirts and apparel, hand crafts, belts, die casts, sunglasses, etc.
* Vendor trucks and/or trailers must fit within the Swap space or be parked in the Trailer drop location in Linder’s Lot.
* Additional vehicles can park free in Spectator Parking.
* Any Swap Meet vehicles parked on the show field will be towed at the owner’s expense.
AFTER THE CONCERT...(Details to be finalized)
Take your bedazzle vehicle (including bicycles, golf cars and anything with wheels - we don't discriminate!) with neon lights and parade down the track. The spectators will vote for their favorite decorated vehicle.
Afterwards, we want to see to see FLAMES shooting across the drag strip! Once again, we are offering a flame throwing contest. To entice participates, we are going to "heat things up" a bit. Two categories will be judged, Injection and Non-Injection. The winner in each category takes home $250 dollars! Start practicing now! We want to give away some cash!
2020 Lingenfelter Performance BLUE SUEDE CRUISE GUIDELINE
1. Show and Shine registration is open to pre 1972 vehicles.
2. Vehicle registration is located on the Budweiser (East) side of the track (State Route 601).
3. Show vehicles may remain on the show field overnight.
4. Participant support vehicles may enter the grounds for the purpose of dropping off coolers, tents, etc. However, all vehicles must be moved to spectator parking by 10:00 a.m. each day.
5. Trailer parking will be provided free of charge at the west end of Linder's Lot (State Route 18).
6. Properly secured pop-up tents and canopies are permitted on the show field and may be left overnight.
7. Tents or canopies larger than 20' x 30' will be placed by Summit Motorsports Park on the show field. Please contact Bobbie Bader at 419-668-5555 ext 240 prior to 6/22/20.
8. Speed limit in the show and pit areas is 10 mph.
9. Burnouts are encouraged in the burnout box only please!
10. And please don't step on my Blue Suede shoes!
|1-Day Adult (Friday OR Saturday OR Sunday)||$20|
|1-Day Child 6-12 (Friday OR Saturday OR Sunday)||$5|
|1-Day Child 5 & Under||$0|
|3-Day Trackside Electric Motorhome||$175|
|3-Day Trackside Non-Electric Motorhome||$125|
|3-Day Wilson's Fence Row||$75|
|3-Day Primitive Camping||$50|
|Street Rodder (Car Show)*||$50|
|Swap Meet** (20' x 35') Space||$50|
|Vendor Space** (20' x 60') Space||$200|
|Women's World Space** (10' x 10') Space||$75|
* Includes 2-weekend adult and unlimited 15 & Under tickets
** Includes 2-weekend adult admissions
General Admission includes FREE PARKING and FREE PIT ACCESS!
|NDRL Pro 7.00 Car & Driver||$100|
|NDRL Pro 7.50 Car & Driver||$100|
|NDRL Pro COMP Car & Driver||$100|
|NDRL Pro Gas||$100|
|Gasser Magazine Nostalgia Gas||$40|
|Gasser Magazine Competition Gas||$40|
|Hot Rod Eliminator||$40|
Tent and motor home camping areas are available during MOST spectator events at Summit Motorsports Park.
* To guarantee you have a spot, we highly recommend that you secure a camping spot in advance, as many of our events sell out. We do not permit overnight camping in our parking lots.
* Due to the limited amount of camping and motor home spaces available, 'DAY OF' sales cannot be guaranteed.
GENERAL FAMILY CAMPING AND MOTORHOME RULES
1. NHRA National Event Only: Golf carts, ATV’s, etc. are prohibited inside the park.
2. The speed limit in the pits is 10 miles-per-hour. All motor vehicle operators must have a valid state driver’s license.
3. The owner of the Camping/Motorhome site will be responsible for all members of his/her party.
4. After 1:00am, any noise complaints from neighbors in all camping/motorhome areas are grounds for immediate removal. Exception: Family Camping quiet hours are between 11pm and 7am
5. To gain access to a Camping/Motorhome space; you must have a Camping/Motorhome placard, a camping ticket and and a daily admission tickets for each camper. Only full event ticket holders will be permitted on the Trackside Motorhome, Wilson’s Fence Row or Family Camping sites after racing is completed.
6. Campfires are permitted in fire rings only; no open burning is permitted. Guest must provide their own fire ring.
7. You are expected to leave your site as clean as you found it.
8. All roadways and walkways must be kept clear.
9. Arrival and departure times must be observed. Please refer to the website for specific move-in hours for a particular event.
10. Alcohol may be consumed responsibly on your site, but is not permitted to be brought into the grandstands or race areas.
11. Illegal activities or activities that violate local laws and Camping/Motorhome rules or Health Department rules are not permitted. Lewd behavior, offensive signs, public intoxication and/or profanity will not be tolerated. Violators will be arrested and removed from the facility as well as forfeiting all renewal rights. NO REFUNDS!
12. Pets must be kept on a leash and must not present as a nuisance to other guests. Pet registration forms should be completed and given to the area Camping Manager. Please clean up after your pet.
13. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
14. No fireworks of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
15. State and county health department rules must be obeyed. Dumping waste water onto the park grounds is not permitted.
16. The Summit Motorsports Park Campground/Motorhome Manager may exercise his/her discretion in the enforcement and application of these rules.
17. All RV’s, travel trailers, tents and pop-ups must allow no less than 10 feet between units end to end and 15 feet between units side to side, per the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PRIMATIVE FAMILY CAMPING RULES:
18. We permit the following vehicle types in our primitive Family camping areas: truck campers (loaded into the bed of a pick-up truck), pop-up trailers also known as tent or folding camping trailers, and tents. No hard-sided campers are permitted. Hybrid campers with canvas pull outs will be permitted only on sites 2051-2060 as long as they confrom to Ohio Health Dept of Campgrounds distance requirements (17.) and they fit on the site.
19. Up to 3 tents are permitted per site as long as they comply with distance requirements by the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds (see above 17.)
20. One passenger vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted per campsite; extra vehicles must park in spectator parking.
21. The Family Campground includes families with children and everyone is required to behave accordingly.
22. Quiet hours will be strictly enforced between 11pm and 7am, VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECTED TO REMOVAL.
23. NO GENERATORS are permitted in the Family Camping area.
ADDITIONAL RV/MOTORHOME RULES:
24. TRACKSIDE Electric and Non-electric motorhome: Recreational vehicles are permitted including Class A, B, & C, travel trailers, fifth wheels, sport utility or toy haulers with built-in living quarters only, and truck campers. The following are not permitted: canvas slide-outs or pop-up areas on travel trailer, truck camper or motorhome. No pop-up folding camping trailers or tents are permitted, and no sport utility trailers or toy haulers without commerically built in living quarters are permitted in Trackside.
25. Wilson's Fence Row-All types of RV's & tents are permitted. Generators are permitted in this area.
26. Our trackside electric motorhomes sites come with 50-1amp power services. Please plan accordingly if you need an adaptor, as we only have a very limited supply of adapters for sale. Trackside Electric requires you to have the proper electrical cords and adaptors in the correct configuration. All 50 amp/60amp campers and motorhome units must have 50amp extension cords directly from the unit to the electrical box, no other configuration is permitted.
27. Up to one additional motor vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted to park in your Motorhome site. Golf carts, ATV, etc. count as one vehicle.
28. No additional trailers are permitted on the campsite; this includes trailers to haul a golf cart or other pit conveyances, grills, etc.
29. Motorhomes should be parked pulled in or backed in and centered on the designated motorhome number.
30. One framed, properly secured canopy is permitted on the motorhome site in addition to attached awnings
On Premises Services:
• Ice Cream hours
o Friday – 11:00 a.m. to approx. 7:00 p.m.
o Saturday – 11:00 a.m. to approx. 9:00 p.m.
o Sunday – 11:00 a.m. to approx. 5:00 p.m.
• Throttle Town Grill hours
o Friday – 7:00 a.m. to approx. 8:00 p.m.
o Saturday – 6:00 a.m. to approx. 9:00 p.m.
o Sunday – 6:00 a.m. to approx. 5:00 p.m.
• Junction hours
o Friday – 8:00 a.m. to approx. 8:00 p.m.
o Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to approx. 9:00 p.m.
o Sunday – 8:00 a.m. to approx. 3:00 p.m.
• Dog Track
o Thursday – 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ice and showers only)
Firewood: Will be available beginning Thursday night. Please pay vendor directly for services. Brandon Miller, Phone: 419-681-0067
• Friday – 8:30 a.m. to Done (approx. 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
• Saturday – 7:30 a.m. to Done (approx. 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
• Sunday – 7:30 a.m. to Done (approx. 4:30 p.m.)
Golf Cart Rentals: Dornan Sales & Service – Phone: 419-663-2254
• Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Call for pricing
Dornan Trackside Tire:
• Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Sunday – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Guest Service: Bud & Summit Sides
• Friday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
• Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to Done
• Sunday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
Kurtzman Sanitation: Will be on-site offering motorhome pumping services. Please pay Kurtzman directly for their services. Cleanings Sat 6am, 4pm & Sun 6am
• Quarter Mile Clothing Company
o Friday – 9 a.m. to Done
o Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
o Sunday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
• The Junction
o Friday – 10 a.m. to Done
o Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
o Sunday – 9:00 a.m. to Done
Oney Water Hauling: Provide service primarily to motorhomes and campers located on the Summit side of the track (Primitive Camping and Trackside sites). Water truck may also service racers on 601 side of the track.
• Thursday, July 9, after 1:00 p.m. until complete
• Friday, July 10, after 10:00 a.m. until complete
• Saturday, July 11, truck may make a pass if it’s warranted
Showers: Permanent showers are located on the Budweiser side of the track. Shower tickets are $4.00 each.
Permanent Shower Hours:
• Thursday - 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Saturday - 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Sunday - 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.