THE ULTIMATE EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN TWO OF THE BADDEST JET TRUCKS ON THE PLANET...MOTZ VS SHOCKWAVE!
Have your cameras and phones fully charged and ready to film!
The North American Jet Car Championship - Elevent CARS, HANDPICKED, FROM ACROSS NORTH AMERICAN WILL ASSEMBLE TO QUALIFY FOR AN 8 CAR FIELD TO RACE FOR THE CROWN OF THE NORTH AMERICAN JET CAR CHAMPION!
* Sarah Edwards "Queen of Diamonds"
* Ernie Bogue "Beast From the East"
* Scott Holdridge "Fifty Cal"
* Robert Albertson "Blazing Angel"
* Lucas Oil Dragster "MAV TV"
* Lucas Oil Dragster "Termnal Velocity"
* Bill Lutz
* Danny Sullivan
* Tammy Gatlin - "Lone Star Lightning"
* Shelly Segal - "Fire Starter"
* Al Zukauskas "Hotblade"
8,000 HORSEPOWER 4-Second, 320 mph NHRA Fuel FUNNY CARS...are a staple at the Kelly Services Night Under Fire. 16-Time NHRA World Champion, JOHN FORCE, will be joined by current reigning NHRA World Champion Robert Hight, Tim Wilkerson, Del Worsham, Dale Creasey Jr and one more to be named. These drivers will give you a NITRO EXPERIENCE you will never soon forget! You will feel their 8,000 horsepower machines deep down inside your chest, from the time they launch until they let off the throttle!
$100,000 FIREWORKS SHOW, presented by R&R AUTO BODY!
Among the longstanding traditions at Summit Motorsports Park are the explosive and encompassing fireworks offered at the conclusion of the show. Fireworks are ignited from multiple locations for improved impact, and in red, white, blue and other colors, they dance to carefully-choreographed patriotic music that is both inspired and inspiring. Designed to be dramatic as well as delightful, they’re known to be far grander than those of neighboring cities, and just when it appears that the last of them has been seen, heard and felt, gas bombs reverberate throughout the facility, leaving fans flabbergasted.
The nearly fifteen minute spectacle costs over $125,000 to produce and leaves no wonder as to why it’s now famed and fabled.
THE NOSTALGIA PART OF THE SHOW!
THE LEGENDARY HEMI UNDER GLASS WHEELSTANDER TO PERFORM!
When George Hurst expressed interest in having a car that would serve both as a test bed and showcase for his products, friend and editor of Hot Rod Magazine Ray Brock suggested the AF/X class (precursor to funny cars). Brock also suggested the new fastback Barracuda and the newly released 426 Hemi engine and that it be mounted in the middle of the car for weight transfer and traction. This was during the golden era of drag racing where altered wheel bases, wild creations, and “anything goes” attitudes were the norm. In its first appearance at the NHRA Spring Nationals the Hemi Under Glass stunned and thrilled the crowds with 300’ wheelies. This event forever changed the course of the Hemi Under Glass from racer to the first ever exhibition wheelstanding car and the rest is history!
Today, the Hemi Under Glass is recognized as the most famous exhibition car in the world and will appear at this year’s Night Under Fire with new driver Mike Mantel. The supercharged ’68 Cuda that Mike will be piloting is the longest performing Hemi Under Glass ever constructed. The car has performed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in England, the US Nationals, and has even match raced the Little Red Wagon. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see this American icon in action at Summit Motorsports Park!
NOSTALGIA PRO STOCK
Four period correct legendary Pro Stock cars will race down the quarter mile once again: Rod Shop's Colt, Warren Johnson's Firenza, Bob Glidden's Plymouth Arrow and Rickie Smith's Ford Thunderbird.
SCOTT ROD'S AA/GASSERS
Before there were funny cars…there were gassers! Eight to ten period correct, ill-handling, short wheelbase gassers will skate down the quarter-mile entertaining fans like they did back in the good ol’ days of drag racing! Many of these hotrods will even have those famous B.U.G.s (Back up Girls) to help them stage!
This too will be a two round show, with the first round being a qualifier. The final round will start with the slowest pair and concluding with the fastest two qualifiers racing for the gold!
NOSTALGIA DRAG RACING LEAGUE IS BRINGING THEIR 200MPH Pro 7.0 CLASS!
• Eight supercharged, methanol-burning and injected nitro-methane burning
• Front Engine Dragsters (FED), Altereds and Door Slammers
• 1979 and older!
They will compete to be the first to the finish line, without running quicker than 7.00!
Two rounds of qualifying followed by eliminations. Winner takes all!
|Adult Reserved Seat Motz Section||$48|
|Adult Reserved Seat (All other sections)||$43|
|Adult General Admission (STANDING ROOM ONLY!)||$38|
|Adult Summit Club (SOLD OUT!)||$63|
|Adult & Child (11 & Under) Summit Club that opts for John Force Winner's Circle (SOLD OUT!)||$202|
|Child (11 & Under) Reserved Seat Motz Section||$23|
|Child (11 & Under) Reserved Seat (All other sections)||$18|
|Child (11 & Under) General Admission (STANDING ROOM ONLY!)||$13|
|Child (11 & Under) Summit Club (SOLD OUT!)||$38|
|John Force Winner's Circle - Force 1A 1st Tier (With Seat Back)||$202|
|John Force Winner's Circle - Force 1A Top Tier (No Seat Back)||$192|
|Public Suite (SOLD OUT!)||$275|
|Trackside Electric Motorhome (SOLD OUT!)||$150|
|Trackside Non-Electric Motorhome (SOLD OUT!)||$100|
|Wilson's Fence Row (SOLD OUT!)||$75|
|Family Camping (SOLD OUT!)||$50|
|General Admission Parking||$0|
Become a John Force Winners Circle VIP!
Want to kick your Night Under Fire experience up a notch? The John Force Winner’s Circle is our premiere race fan hospitality package. JFWC members will sit in first-class starting line seats; have access to a private hospitality chalet which includes complimentary snacks, drinks and a sit down dinner; access to a private patio viewing area and private restrooms. Each patron will also receive a member’s only event goodie bag filled with exclusive Night Under Fire Souvenirs.
The John Force Winners Circle package includes the following amenities:
• First-class starting line seats
• Pit access to witness all the "behind the scenes" activities; pit crews getting their 'hot rods' ready to race
• Access to the VIP Chalet
• Complimentary soft drinks and bottled water all day
• Two complimentary alcoholic drinks for adults (cash bar available)
• Complimentary meals and snacks all day long, including a sit down dinner!
• Access to a private patio viewing area
• Private Restrooms
• Special Collectors Goodie Bag containing premium Night Under Fire Souvenirs
• One (1) VIP parking pass will be issued with every four (4) John Force Winners Circle tickets purchased
Each John Force Winners Circle ticket just $199 (with seat back Force 1A Chair or Summit Club) or $189 (bench seat - Force 1A top tier)! Limited seating available, call 419-668-5555 to reserve your seats today or do it yourself by clicking here
We have a public suite available!
The public suite is located high atop of the Champions Reserved Seating Section (Summit Side). It is approximately 200’ from the starting line, which can only be accessed via a private elevator. The view is breathtaking and oversees the entire drag strip. Patrons can observe the entire race from start to finish, including watching the racers return back to their pit areas.
This suite accommodates up to 23 patrons, on a first come first serve basis; and features indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor amenities include a climate control environment; floor to ceiling glass windows to optimize trackside viewing; spacious and comfortable seating and bar top tables. A mini kitchen with wet bar and refrigerator are also included. High Speed data connection is also available for those that need to stay connected to the outside world. The outdoor private balcony features three (3) tiered rows comprised with stadium chairs.
The price for each ticket, for the entire event, is $275 and also includes VIP parking; access to private restrooms; lunch, dinner and beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Due to the limit availability, tickets will go just as fast. Contact Yvonne Livengood at 419-668-5555 x457.
Stay on property!
Upon purchase, Guests will receive a permit that will need to be placed in the windshield of your motorhome, camper or camping vehicle prior to entering into the park.
* All occupants of the motorhome area and primitive campsites must have a weekend pass. Please call our office with any of your questions.
SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK CAMPING RULES AND INFORMATION
GENERAL FAMILY CAMPING AND MOTORHOME RULES
1. NHRA National Event Only: Golf carts, ATV’s, etc. are prohibited inside the park.
2. The speed limit in the pits is 10 miles-per-hour. All motor vehicle operators must have a valid state driver’s license.
3. The owner of the Camping/Motorhome site will be responsible for all members of his/her party.
4. After 1:00am, any noise complaints from neighbors in all camping/motorhome areas are grounds for immediate removal. Exception: Family Camping quiet hours are between 11pm and 7am
5. To gain access to a Camping/Motorhome space; you must have a Camping/Motorhome placard, a camping ticket and and a daily admission tickets for each camper. Only full event ticket holders will be permitted on the Trackside Motorhome, Wilson’s Fence Row or Family Camping sites after racing is completed.
6. Campfires are permitted in fire rings only; no open burning is permitted. Guest must provide their own fire ring.
7. You are expected to leave your site as clean as you found it.
8. All roadways and walkways must be kept clear.
9. Arrival and departure times must be observed. Please refer to the website for specific move-in hours for a particular event.
10. Alcohol may be consumed responsibly on your site, but is not permitted to be brought into the grandstands or race areas.
11. Illegal activities or activities that violate local laws and Camping/Motorhome rules or Health Department rules are not permitted. Lewd behavior, offensive signs, public intoxication and/or profanity will not be tolerated. Violators will be arrested and removed from the facility as well as forfeiting all renewal rights. NO REFUNDS!
12. Pets must be kept on a leash and must not present as a nuisance to other guests. Pet registration forms should be completed and given to the area Camping Manager. Please clean up after your pet.
13. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
14. No fireworks of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
15. State and county health department rules must be obeyed. Dumping waste water onto the park grounds is not permitted.
16. The Summit Motorsports Park Campground/Motorhome Manager may exercise his/her discretion in the enforcement and application of these rules.
17. All RV’s, travel trailers, tents and pop-ups must allow no less than 10 feet between units end to end and 15 feet between units side to side, per the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PRIMATIVE FAMILY CAMPING RULES:
18. We permit the following vehicle types in our primitive Family camping areas: truck campers (loaded into the bed of a pick-up truck), pop-up trailers also known as tent or folding camping trailers, and tents. No hard-sided campers are permitted. Hybrid campers with canvas pull outs will be permitted only on sites 2051-2060 as long as they confrom to Ohio Health Dept of Campgrounds distance requirements (17.) and they fit on the site.
19. Up to 3 tents are permitted per site as long as they comply with distance requirements by the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds (see above 17.)
20. One passenger vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted per campsite; extra vehicles must park in spectator parking.
21. The Family Campground includes families with children and everyone is required to behave accordingly.
22. Quiet hours will be strictly enforced between 11pm and 7am, VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECTED TO REMOVAL.
23. NO GENERATORS are permitted in the Family Camping area.
ADDITIONAL RV/MOTORHOME RULES:
24. TRACKSIDE Electric and Non-electric motorhome: Recreational vehicles are permitted including Class A, B, & C, travel trailers, fifth wheels, sport utility or toy haulers with built-in living quarters only, and truck campers. The following are not permitted: canvas slide-outs or pop-up areas on travel trailer, truck camper or motorhome. No pop-up folding camping trailers or tents are permitted, and no sport utility trailers or toy haulers without commerically built in living quarters are permitted in Trackside.
25. Wilson's Fence Row-All types of RV's & tents are permitted. Generators are permitted in this area.
26. Our trackside electric motorhomes sites come with 50-1amp power services. Please plan accordingly if you need an adaptor, as we only have a very limited supply of adapters for sale. Trackside Electric requires you to have the proper electrical cords and adaptors in the correct configuration. All 50 amp/60amp campers and motorhome units must have 50amp extension cords directly from the unit to the electrical box, no other configuration is permitted.
27. Up to one additional motor vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted to park in your Motorhome site. Golf carts, ATV, etc. count as one vehicle.
28. No additional trailers are permitted on the campsite; this includes trailers to haul a golf cart or other pit conveyances, grills, etc.
29. Motorhomes should be parked pulled in or backed in and centered on the designated motorhome number.
30. One framed, properly secured canopy is permitted on the motorhome site in addition to attached awnings.
Early move-in for advance purchasers will be on Friday August 10, 2018 between 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Please do NOT arrive prior to 2:00 p.m. on Friday as we have no holding areas available. We will stop accepting guests at 8:00 p.m. Friday evening and reopen on Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m.
Because of the large influx of traffic on Saturday, August 11, 2018, it is necessary that we restrict traffic to incoming only between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. If you need to leave the facility you will need to to do so before 1:30 p.m. If you have an emergency, please contact your area manager.
Click Here for a view of the Camping Agreement which includes the camping rules.
Dump Stations in the area.