Just as the name implies...outrageous, ill-handling door cars skating dangerously down the quarter mile, draggin their bumpers on the asphalt along the way, occasionally changing lanes and swapping a little paint! This is drag racing with an attitude...Where a win on your roof can still be a win!
We will have the Fastest and Most Unpredictable Pro Mods, from the four corners of the USA, assemble at one time, each wanting the Guaranteed top prize of $40K. And, if brave enough to try, can take home another $5K by winning the Money Shot during qualifying.
Shakedown is the event where it is always dynamic and never static! Anything can happen in a blink of an eye, when erratic Pro Mods exceed 250 mph in the 1/4 mile!
The complete set of rules and the rules for each race class are listed below. Click on the appropriate file.
Also racers can pre-register by Wed September 4, 2018, by clicking the Pre-register file below. **NOTE: If you are planning to pit next to another racer, you MUST submit your pre-registration forms in the SAME ENVELOPE!
HORSEPOWER WARS $10K DRAG SHOOTOUT!Catch the show debut for the Horsepower Wars $10K Drag Shootout on Aug. 9 on www.HorsepowerWars.com or https://www.facebook.com/horsepowerwars. The shootout is part of the Summit Racing Equipment Shakedown at the Summit presented by Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels, Sept. 13-16 at Summit Motorsports Park.
With $3,000 cash and an additional $7000 in Summit Racing Gift Cards. One can build a very fine hot rod! Four teams will be selected to travel to California in July, to build a car that will compete during this year’s Shakedown at Summit, live on SpeedVideo.com. The overall winning team wins a $10,000 purse and gets to keep their car!
1. Team Bigun
3. Team Boddie
Kurt Johnson with Total Venue Concepts, will be teaming up with Summit Motorsports Park to assist in the continued success of this event. In addition to his track prep experience, Johnson will be bringing his rotating drag, Hook Master 8400 static drag and Hook Master traction compound sprayer to ensure that track conditions are suitable for both big-tired and small-tired vehicles.
We welcome Lee “TEC” Sebring, to the announcer’s booth!
Sebring, who's famous for his factual yet fun delivery has agreed to announce at this year’s Shakedown at the Summit!
"I'm very familiar with the cars that will be at Shakedown, and I'm really looking forward to being part of this event," said Sebring, who was born in Pennsylvania, raised in Maryland and recently moved to Florida. "It shows a lot of promise, and I think it will be even bigger this year, with cars coming from all over the country."
Lee earned the name “TEC” an acronym for “top end charge,” when he was announcing for the Yellow Bullet Nationals. He would excitedly exclaim “top end charge” when a car was laying down a substantial amount of power near the finish line.
We look forward to working and listening to Sebring’s high-energy commentary at this year’s event!
SpeedVideo will be providing Live Coverage all weekend long.
Summit Racing Equipment Shakedown at the Summit XV presented by Mickey Thompson recorded Over 2.5 Million Minutes of viewing and had over 450,000 views making it their 2nd largest broadcast of 2017!
Click here to SpeedVideo.com for more details.
Back by popular demand, Trainwreck Country Band, playing modern country and rock covers, will play a live concert, immediately following the last session of qualifying on Friday Night. Plan on hanging out with the racers for a couple of hours listening to great music underneath the Budweiser Grandstands.
|1-Day Child (12 & Under)||$0|
|1-Day Adult Summit Club Reserved Seat||$30|
|1-Day Child (12 & Under) Summit Club Reserved Seat||$10|
|3-Day Adult Summit Club Reserved Seat||$80|
|3-Day Child (12 & Under) Summit Club Reserved Seat||$30|
|Main Event Car & Driver||$225|
|Open Comp Car & Driver||$100|
|Thursday Test & Tune Car & Driver||$125|
|Pit Access Sticker for Crew Vehicles||$50|
|General Admission Parking||$0|
We have a public suite available!
The public suite is located high atop of the Champions Reserved Seating Section (Summit Side). It is approximately 200’ from the starting line, which can only be accessed via a private elevator. The view is breathtaking and oversees the entire drag strip. Patrons can observe the entire race from start to finish, including watching the racers return back to their pit areas.
This suite accommodates up to 36 patrons, on a first come first serve basis; and features indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor amenities include a climate control environment; floor to ceiling glass windows to optimize trackside viewing; spacious and comfortable seating and bar top tables. A mini kitchen with wet bar and refrigerator are also included. High Speed data connection is also available for those that need to stay connected to the outside world. The outdoor private balcony features three (3) tiered rows comprised with stadium chairs.
The price for each ticket, for the entire event, is $300 and also includes VIP parking; access to private restrooms; snacks and/or meals and beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Due to the limit availability, tickets will go just as fast. Contact Yvonne Livengood at 419-668-5555 x457.
Stay on property!
Upon purchase, Guests will receive a permit that will need to be placed in the windshield of your motorhome, camper or camping vehicle prior to entering into the park.
* All occupants of the motorhome area and primitive campsites must have a weekend pass. Please call our office with any of your questions.
SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK CAMPING RULES AND INFORMATION
GENERAL FAMILY CAMPING AND MOTORHOME RULES
1. NHRA National Event Only: Golf carts, ATV’s, etc. are prohibited inside the park.
2. The speed limit in the pits is 10 miles-per-hour. All motor vehicle operators must have a valid state driver’s license.
3. The owner of the Camping/Motorhome site will be responsible for all members of his/her party.
4. After 1:00am, any noise complaints from neighbors in all camping/motorhome areas are grounds for immediate removal. Exception: Family Camping quiet hours are between 11pm and 7am
5. To gain access to a Camping/Motorhome space; you must have a Camping/Motorhome placard, a camping ticket and and a daily admission tickets for each camper. Only full event ticket holders will be permitted on the Trackside Motorhome, Wilson’s Fence Row or Family Camping sites after racing is completed.
6. Campfires are permitted in fire rings only; no open burning is permitted. Guest must provide their own fire ring.
7. You are expected to leave your site as clean as you found it.
8. All roadways and walkways must be kept clear.
9. Arrival and departure times must be observed. Please refer to the website for specific move-in hours for a particular event.
10. Alcohol may be consumed responsibly on your site, but is not permitted to be brought into the grandstands or race areas.
11. Illegal activities or activities that violate local laws and Camping/Motorhome rules or Health Department rules are not permitted. Lewd behavior, offensive signs, public intoxication and/or profanity will not be tolerated. Violators will be arrested and removed from the facility as well as forfeiting all renewal rights. NO REFUNDS!
12. Pets must be kept on a leash and must not present as a nuisance to other guests. Pet registration forms should be completed and given to the area Camping Manager. Please clean up after your pet.
13. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
14. No fireworks of any kind are permitted on the grounds.
15. State and county health department rules must be obeyed. Dumping waste water onto the park grounds is not permitted.
16. The Summit Motorsports Park Campground/Motorhome Manager may exercise his/her discretion in the enforcement and application of these rules.
17. All RV’s, travel trailers, tents and pop-ups must allow no less than 10 feet between units end to end and 15 feet between units side to side, per the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PRIMATIVE FAMILY CAMPING RULES:
18. We permit the following vehicle types in our primitive Family camping areas: truck campers (loaded into the bed of a pick-up truck), pop-up trailers also known as tent or folding camping trailers, and tents. No hard-sided campers are permitted. Hybrid campers with canvas pull outs will be permitted only on sites 2051-2060 as long as they confrom to Ohio Health Dept of Campgrounds distance requirements (17.) and they fit on the site.
19. Up to 3 tents are permitted per site as long as they comply with distance requirements by the Ohio Health Department of Campgrounds (see above 17.)
20. One passenger vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted per campsite; extra vehicles must park in spectator parking.
21. The Family Campground includes families with children and everyone is required to behave accordingly.
22. Quiet hours will be strictly enforced between 11pm and 7am, VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECTED TO REMOVAL.
23. NO GENERATORS are permitted in the Family Camping area.
ADDITIONAL RV/MOTORHOME RULES:
24. TRACKSIDE Electric and Non-electric motorhome: Recreational vehicles are permitted including Class A, B, & C, travel trailers, fifth wheels, sport utility or toy haulers with built-in living quarters only, and truck campers. The following are not permitted: canvas slide-outs or pop-up areas on travel trailer, truck camper or motorhome. No pop-up folding camping trailers or tents are permitted, and no sport utility trailers or toy haulers without commerically built in living quarters are permitted in Trackside.
25. Wilson's Fence Row-All types of RV's & tents are permitted. Generators are permitted in this area.
26. Our trackside electric motorhomes sites come with 50-1amp power services. Please plan accordingly if you need an adaptor, as we only have a very limited supply of adapters for sale. Trackside Electric requires you to have the proper electrical cords and adaptors in the correct configuration. All 50 amp/60amp campers and motorhome units must have 50amp extension cords directly from the unit to the electrical box, no other configuration is permitted.
27. Up to one additional motor vehicle or two motorcycles are permitted to park in your Motorhome site. Golf carts, ATV, etc. count as one vehicle.
28. No additional trailers are permitted on the campsite; this includes trailers to haul a golf cart or other pit conveyances, grills, etc.
29. Motorhomes should be parked pulled in or backed in and centered on the designated motorhome number.
30. One framed, properly secured canopy is permitted on the motorhome site in addition to attached awnings.
Move-in for campers will be on FRIDAY, September 14, 2018 beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Click Here for a view of the Camping Agreement which includes the camping rules.
Dump Stations in the area.
On-premise services for our guests:
Summit Motorsports Park is committed to providing our race fans affordable family entertainment in a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. Therefore, we offer our fans the B-Guarantee and the C-Code of Conduct.
Also Need more information about our park. Then Check out the A, B, C's of Summit Motorsports Park
Not staying on property...here are some other options.
SAWMILL CREEK IS THE OFFICIAL LODGING HOTEL OF SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK
Sawmill Creek Lodge has earned that position by receiving excellent comments from teams and guests like you! It's simple...serious competitors have wanted a quality, feel good, casual place to really relax after a hard sports day. Enjoy our 235 acre Lake Erie waterfront campus, four restaurants and bars...and a great night sleep. It's a place you will look forward to returning to. That's hard to find on the race circuit.
Visit www.sawmillcreekresort.com and you will understand quickly, it's simply the best place to stay. Beautiful lakefront, beaches, restaurants, shops, golf, nature walks, jet skis, and so much more!
For the Summit Racing Equipment Shakedown at the Summit presented by Mickey Thompson Tires book a double bed room for $119 or a king bed room for $129.
To take advantage of these great rates, contact Sawmill Creek at (800) 729-6455 and provide the code (SD18)
For Event info please contact: Nettie Damron at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-668-5555.
Summit Motorsports Park - 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk OH 44857
Photo credits courtesy of www.motolenzphotos.com, Dave Rocheleau
|Linder's Lot Opens to Racers||08:00 AM|
|Credential & Pit Parking (Racers & Crew Only)||08:30 AM - 09:00 PM|
|Tech until dark||10:00 AM|
|Shakedown Testing (Open Comp, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, Radial Vs Worls, Outlaw 10.5, X275, Ultra Street, DXP 235, Factory Stock, Pro Street)||01:00 PM - 09:00 PM|
|Secure Grounds||09:00 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Tech Opens||08:00 AM|
|Camping & Motorhome Move-In||08:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Shakedown Qualifying Rd 1 (Open Comp, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, Radial Vs Worls, Outlaw 10.5, X275, Ultra Street, DXP 235, Factory Stock, Pro Street)||10:00 AM|
|Shakedown Qualiying Rd 2 (Open Comp, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, Radial Vs Worls, Outlaw 10.5, X275, Ultra Street, DXP 235, Factory Stock, Pro Street)||03:00 PM|
|Horsepower Wars $10K Drag Shootout (Q1)||06:00 PM|
|Trainwreck Country Band Live Concert||08:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Tech Opens||08:00 AM|
|Shakedown Qualifying Rd 3 (Open Comp, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, Radial Vs Worls, Outlaw 10.5, X275, Ultra Street, DXP 235, Factory Stock, Pro Street)||10:00 AM|
|Horsepower Wars $10K Drag Shootout (Q2)||11:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Shakedown Qualifying Rd 4 (Open Comp, Top Sportsman, Pro Mod, Radial Vs Worls, Outlaw 10.5, X275, Ultra Street, DXP 235, Factory Stock, Pro Street)||03:00 PM|
|Horsepower Wars $10K Drag Shootout (Q3)||03:00 PM|
|Horsepower Wars $10K Drag Shootout (Q4)||06:00 PM|
|Secure Grounds||08:00 PM|
|Gates Open||08:00 AM|
|Open Comp Eliminations Rd 1||08:30 AM|
|Top Sportsman Eliminations Rd 1||09:30 AM|
|Pre-Race Ceremonies||10:00 AM|
|Eliminations Round of 16 Cars||10:15 AM|
|Winner's Circle||06:00 PM|
Schedule subject to change without notice!